Thunderbird 3.next high-level plan

Mark Banner mbanner at mozillamessaging.com
Tue Jul 20 07:43:29 UTC 2010

  On 19/07/2010 23:18, Dan Mosedale wrote:
>  On 7/17/10 5:51 PM, David Bienvenu wrote:
>> And I think there is a fair amount of other change going on on the
>> mozilla central trunk (e.g., all gecko interfaces are now unfrozen)
>> that is going to make it harder and harder.

> My understanding is that we wouldn't be committing to shipping 1-month
> after FF, but that that would be the first possible time we _could_
> ship off of trunk.  I think it's very hard to us make the call about
> when the trunk would ship from where we're standing now.  I'm
> interested in Mark's thoughts here...
That's basically correct. A lot of it will depend on what shape trunk is
in, for example there are lots of bugs around in current trunk
nightlies, and I'm expecting a few more.

Obviously as FF 4.0 gets closer to ship, this will settle down a bit.

Also, this will depend on what features/back-end fixes we've landed,
i.e. do we have enough to make it worth doing a ship that soon? It is,
of course, entirely possible that we will have, but we'll have to wait
and see.

Mark.