communicating about feature work & experiments: wiki page & meeting slots

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozillamessaging.com
Mon Jul 19 22:33:00 UTC 2010

  I've created <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Feature_Work> as a
mechanism for us to communicate about current feature work separately
from individual releases.

If you're working on a feature that is expected to land in core and ship
to users in the next few releases, feel free to add it to the Talk page
here, and I or one of the other drivers will either incorporate it in
the main page or else suggest a different home for it.

I've also added two sections to the weekly meeting page as well, one for
each of Feature Work, and Experiments, with the intent being to drive it
fairly similarly to the other sections, where we only talk about stuff
that's worthy of verbal discussion and try to avoid unnecessarily
reading the notes, since that's not a very good use of anyone's time.
Anyone doing feature work with news to report is encouraged to add it to
the Feature Work section of the meeting page.

Folks doing experimental work should feel free to use the experiments
section similarly.

I expect all of these things will require us iterating on the process a
bit in order to get them right, so feedback and suggestions are, as
usual, encouraged.

Dan