Thunderbird 3.next high-level plan

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Sat Jul 17 23:23:31 UTC 2010

  On 17.07.2010 17:02, Kent James wrote:
>  On 7/17/2010 1:44 AM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
>> So, all the code (not just some changes) which is currently in trunk,
>> when would that ship?

> [c-c with Mozilla 2.0 vs. 1.9.2]

Is it technically not feasible to have comm-central/trunk working with
both mozilla 1.9.2 and mozilla-central? As I understand, we had this for
a long time? It's no longer feasible or some other overriding reason?

> As I understand it, trunk would ship about one month after FF ships
> with the same backend. The best estimates of trunk shipping would be
> first quarter 2011.

That is terribly late, though. A lot of the trunk code wouldn't be
shipped for almost a year.