Thunderbird Product Notes v0.6

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozilla.org
Sat Jul 17 01:20:31 UTC 2010

  On 7/15/10 6:00 PM, Kent James wrote:
>  On 7/15/2010 11:23 AM, neandr wrote:
>> With all respect for the people working at Mozilla/Thunderbird and
>> fully understand the limitation they are faced with, I would like to
>> see a more detailed mission statement for the products (TB/LG) and
>> the future of it. Only expressing TB is for individual users, SOHO
>> and not for the Enterprise is a very vague  statement.
>
> I tried to reply to this here, but my responses got wordy so I did
> this blog post instead:
> http://mesquilla.com/2010/07/15/thunderbirds-strategic-dilemma/
Thanks for writing this down.  Not too surprisingly, there are a number
of things I think about differently, but in particular, I think you've
done a good job teasing out a bunch of the constraints in play here, a
number of which are not at all obvious.  (But that I'm hoping we as a
group continue to get better about communicating explicitly).

Dan