DXR | Doccelerator / Bespin / source doc editing

Andrew Sutherland asutherland at asutherland.org
Fri Jul 16 03:59:39 UTC 2010

  A new, but likely very welcome, consideration is that Jetpack is
adopting the use of markdown-based documentation; there may or may not
be some custom magic in there too.

In a nutshell, it has a documentation parser and server that sucks up
per-module markdown files like so:
http://hg.mozilla.org/labs/jetpack-sdk/file/aea8c9819d23/packages/jetpack-core/docs

and presents them like so:
https://jetpack.mozillalabs.com/sdk/0.5/docs/#guide/getting-started

There's probably some more info reachable from the wiki page, but I'm
pretty sure there has definitely been discussion about the documentation
on the project mailing list:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Jetpack

The resumption of aggressive DXR development is awesome, but since it
does not currently do much in the way of JS, and Jetpack is very active
and aggressive about the importance of documentation, I think it makes a
lot of sense to follow their lead.  I think your proposal of using
Bespin to simplify contribution still is applicable and still an
excellent idea.

Andrew