Thunderbird prefs redesign (aka mega-prefs)

Leni mozilla.org at zindus.com
Mon Dec 27 01:59:02 UTC 2010

On 27/12/2010 8:10 AM, Jim wrote:
> * Extensibility
> Add-ons (e.g. Lightning) will probably want to put stuff in the
> mega-prefs window, so we should make it easy to hook into. Not too
> much to say here, really.

Just wanted to raise the use case that it's nice for addon developers to
be able to describe to users how to get at and modify addon-specific
prefs in plain language.

Currently I use this template text:
  You can see the xxx preferences at
    Tools/Options/Advanced/Config Editor, then type 'xxx'.
  To change yyy, right-click it and select 'modify'.

I didn't immediately see where addon prefs would live under here:
   http://clarkbw.net/designs/mega-prefs/
which is why I raised it.

Leni.