Worthwhile Thunderbird projects/addons?

Mark Banner mbanner at mozillamessaging.com
Thu Dec 23 22:16:27 UTC 2010

On 21/12/2010 06:02, Jim wrote:
> The Thunderbird experiments page
> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Experiments>  is a little closer
> to what I'm thinking about, though many (all?) of these projects are
> already taken by someone. I'm sure people working on them wouldn't
> mind some help, but I'd be especially interested in working on
> something new, since 1) it adds breadth to the experiments/addons, and
> 2) it means I get to work on the fun stuff. :)
There's two things that have come to mind in the last day or so that may
or may not fit what you want. I'm going to throw them in anyway:

Personas - we want to improve the access to personas from within
Thunderbird. Now we've got the new add-on manager this is easier, but we
should consider if we want to take some of the Personas extension into
Thunderbird permanently or provide some other access to it.

Tabs - There's a bunch of bugs surrounding tabs at the moment. Whilst it
may be complicated to deal with all of them, improving our tab
functionality could benefit a lot of users.

Mark.