Worthwhile Thunderbird projects/addons?

Andrew Sutherland asutherland at asutherland.org
Tue Dec 21 01:32:20 UTC 2010

On 12/20/2010 05:10 PM, Bryan Clark wrote:
> Like Dan said, you should definitely check out the Contacts add-on -
> https://mozillalabs.com/messaging/thunderbird-contacts/ as any future
> facing address book should understand that people exist on multiple
> messaging systems.

One important note here is that the extension is not technically
production ready.  It uses a Mozilla Labs library that attempts to make
asynchronous things synchronous by (dangerously) spinning nested event
loops.  As such, the program logic would require a fair amount of
refactoring if it were to be used for something intended to land in
core.  The good news is that I believe that many of the data gathering
plugins/services are not significantly affected.

Andrew