Worthwhile Thunderbird projects/addons?

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 23:37:52 UTC 2010

Lately, I've been feeling the itch to contribute to Thunderbird in some
"significant" way, though I'm rapidly running out of things I can think
of to do (the last thing I've got is bug 282068 to fix up the attachment
pane in the message reader). I wouldn't be surprised if there are other
people in the same situation as me, so maybe it would be a good idea for
people to suggest worthwhile projects/addons for Thunderbird.

By way of example, here are a couple of ideas I've had, although I have
no idea if they're things people would really care about:

* Reorganize account settings / preferences
* Update address book backend to support SQLite (may be a big project)
* Update address book UI

Does anyone else have ideas for high-value projects for Thunderbird?

- Jim