A Thunderbird "stdlib"

Ludovic Hirlimann ludovic at mozillamessaging.com
Fri Dec 17 08:52:52 UTC 2010

On 17/12/10 09:24, Jonathan Protzenko wrote:
> Yes, I'm aware of STEEL but it never got really far. I don't know the
> reasons for it (lack of resources?), so I thought that keeping some
> kind of a standard library off the tree, in something more flexible
> than Mozilla's own hg repo, would allow other people to contribute
> more easily.

How about we try to mix both concepts method. Dev happens on github but
it ends up in product via a merge. This keeps the nice decentralized way
of developing on github, makes it possible to get the libs into the
product and usable by all, and would avoid bloating all extension
depending on the libs.

I'd think protz would make a nice STEEL module owner in that scenario.

Ludo

--
Ludovic Hirlimann MozillaMessaging QA lead
http://www.spreadthunderbird.com/aff/79/2