A Thunderbird "stdlib"

Patrick Cloke clokep at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 00:43:09 UTC 2010

 From your description, it sounds to me like this is the idea that
STEEL/FUEL [1] was originally created for, I'm not sure how much work
was ever done on it, but at least the Application interface exists.
Maybe that would be a good approach to including these for other
extension developers?  I think modules might be confusing enough for new
extension developers that it could be worth it to have them included by
default.  FUEL contains some simple methods for adding/removing
bookmarks, accessing browser tabs, etc. but (as far as I know) the
Thunderbird version (STEEL) was never really developed as far.

Just an idea,

Patrick Cloke

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Toolkit_API/STEEL &
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Toolkit_API/FUEL