Thunderbird communication channels

Jonathan Protzenko jonathan.protzenko at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 08:55:37 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I've started writing a "Thunderbird communication channels" wiki page
[1], that lists all the places where we communicate. As I'm relatively
new to the project, I remember having a hard time trying to figure out
where to get the information / how to get it. I was lucky in the sense
that I started hanging out on IRC relatively early, which allowed me to
get the information quickly. Plus, I was already familiar with the
Mozilla project. However, this might not be the case for everyone.

I think it could be valuable to have the mozillamessaging.com website
point to this page, as well as the Thunderbird portal on MDC, the
MozillaZine forums, and possibly other entry points. It's far from being
complete, so please do modify the page and try to make it as exhaustive
as possible. Once it's complete, I think it should be linking to this
page as much as we can.

The global idea is to answer some concerns about how we communicate:
this page points you to the communication channels to watch if you're
interested in the directions the project is taking, to the places where
you might get help if you're a user, to the places where you can find
documentation if you're a developer, or to the places where you can
communicate with other testers if you want to give testing a hand.

On a side-note, I've updated [2] with a link to Standard8's most recent
post on m.d.a.t, but maybe a rewrite of the page would be relevant.

Feedback gladly accepted :)

jonathan

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/CommunicationChannels
[2] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Thunderbird_Post_3.1_Plan

PS : is there a whitelist for tb-planning?