"Date" column in the thread pane

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Wed Dec 8 17:54:55 UTC 2010

On 08.12.2010 18:43, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> On 08.12.2010 18:32, Jonathan Protzenko wrote:
>> When in threaded view, the "date" column in the thread pane displays
>> the date the thread started, not the date the latest message arrived.
>
> You realize there's also a column "Received"?

I thought that was ordering by latest message in thread, but in fact
it's also sorting by newest thread *starter*, the problem protz criticized.

Please note that the line of the collapsed thread currently stands for
the thread starter message, not the whole thread: it also shows the
sender of the thread starter, the size of the thread starter msg etc..

You told me on IRC your extension changes the From, that's good, but
that still leaves all the other columns like Size, flag, unread etc..
You'd need a new concept of what this line stands for, and how the
columns work, not just spot fixes.

Ben