"Date" column in the thread pane

Jonathan Protzenko jonathan.protzenko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 17:32:26 UTC 2010

When in threaded view, the "date" column in the thread pane displays the
date the thread started, not the date the latest message arrived. This
is very confusing since the sort order takes the date of the last
message into account instead, which results in dates displayed not
matching the sort order.

I guess it was done for convenience reasons, such as having the property
that the first line when the thread is expanded is also the same line
for when the thread is collapsed.

So I was thinking about fixing this right away in nsMsgDbView.cpp
instead of doing some ugly hack in Thunderbird Conversations, but I
thought there might be good reasons not to do so.

Thoughts?

jonathan