Thinking about transitioning LDAP on comm-1.9.2 from cvs to Mercurial

Mark Banner mbanner at mozillamessaging.com
Tue Dec 7 11:34:17 UTC 2010

As most of you probably know, we recently transitioned comm-central
builds from cvs to Mercurial
(http://ccgi.standard8.plus.com/blog/archives/448).

Would anyone object to doing this transition on comm-1.9.2 as well?

I wouldn't normally think about this for a stable branch, however, we
are getting frequent failures communicating with cvs when doing the
builds on tinderbox (and sometimes during release builds - which are worse).

Currently, we wouldn't re-tag the LDAP mercurial repository for each
release build as it doesn't change that frequently and client.py
hard-codes the tag. In future we may consider changing that.

Regards
Mark.