3.3 updates page for add-on developers

Mark Banner mbanner at mozillamessaging.com
Thu Dec 2 19:26:27 UTC 2010

Just before Miramar Alpha 1 was released, I whipped up a new wiki page
for describing the significant changes in Thunderbird's APIs and
functionality for helping add-on authors upgrade to the 3.3 series:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird_3.3_for_developers

So far this mainly points to the gecko documentation on the significant
changes - the new extension manager back-end, modules. It also has some
mime and gloda information.

Please can folks add to it as we develop 3.3, it doesn't have to be
much, just pointing to a bug, or interface changes will give extension
developers something to go from. I don't think we need every little
change, but getting the more significant ones on there would be enough.

This will then help our extension authors to upgrade to 3.3.

Thanks
Mark.