Thunderbird mailing-list / NNTP decision rationale

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Mon Aug 9 15:14:17 UTC 2010

Tanstaafl schrieb:
> Mozilla currently uses mailman to host its mail lists...
>
> So all this would be needed to add nntp support fofr any/all of the
> mozilla email lists is for Mozilla to upgrade their server(s) to MM3
> once it is out

Well, I think you misunderstand, Dan said at the beginning of this
thread that it's *intentional* NOT to provide NNTP access to the
Thunderbird lists as he thinks NNTP has to die for good because the
people Thunderbird targets don't use it anyhow.
Well, this might be overdoing the "NNTP has to die" part slightly, but
it's dead-on for at least the rest. I don't see from that perspective
how mailman supporting NNTP access changes anything for that POV.

Robert Kaiser