Lifespan of Thunderbird 3.0.x

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozilla.org
Fri Aug 6 20:14:39 UTC 2010

  On 6/24/10 11:22 AM, Dan Mosedale wrote:
>  On 6/21/10 1:41 PM, Micah Gersten wrote:
>> With 3.1 quickly approaching release, I was wondering what the lifespan
>> of 3.0.x will be once 3.1 is released.  I know normally there is a 6
>> month period until EOL, but there was some discussion before about
>> skipping that, so I'm posing the question so that we can plan
>> accordingly.
> It's likely going to be significantly less than 6 months, but we've
> just started figuring out the details.  Mark or I will post more here
> once we know more (hopefully next week, possibly as late as the week
> after).
Sorry for the delay.  We circled back around on this on the drivers
meeting this week.  We're hoping to end-of-life 3.0.x as soon as is
reasonably possible, but we're not likely to have a good understanding
of when this will until after the 3.0.x -> 3.1.2 major update has been
in the wild for a little bit and we see how good pickup is.

The update itself is currently scheduled to happen this coming Tuesday,
August 10th.  We'll continue to talk about that in our weekly status
meeting notes, available at
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings>, and included in
the RSS for <http://blog.mozilla.com/meeting-notes/>.

Dan