MuteThread 0.1 add-on

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozillamessaging.com
Fri Aug 6 02:01:36 UTC 2010

  I've created version 0.1 of an add-on that exposes the "ignore
(sub-)thread" functionality to email, using the same UX as currently
works in newsgroups.

Bryan has suggested a "Muted Threads" folder analogous to the "Junk"
folder to avoid inadvertently losing threads with mistaken keypresses,
which sounds like a good idea to me.  Since that's not yet implemented,
and because I don't yet have updates set up, I'm not yet advertising
this add-on broadly.

Recent discussion here suggests that folks on this list might be
interested in using it in spite of those warts, so I'm starting by
talking about it here.

So far, I've tested on Thunderbird 3.1.2.  It can be found at
<http://redpuma.net/software/>.  If you're interested in poking at the
source, it's at <http://bitbucket.org/dmose/mutethread>.  I'd expect it
to be easy to modify to make watching threads work for email as well.

Dan