Thunderbird Contacts

Bryan Clark clarkbw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 23:26:02 UTC 2010

  Hey All -

We've just released a new add-on at the Mozilla Labs Messaging site
called Thunderbird Contacts.

This is an adaptation of the existing Firefox Contacts add-on running
inside Thunderbird with a few TB specific features.  The goal was to
experiment with a completely different direction that an address book
could take.  If you try out the extension you'll see that it understands
how to connect to different address book sources and merge contacts.

We're hoping this will become a good talking point for future address
book discussions and it will give us lots of extra contact data to play
with when prototyping address book interfaces.

Here are all the relevant links, check out the video Shane made for the
project page.

Mozilla Labs Messaging
http://mozillalabs.com/messaging

Thunderbird Contacts Project Page