The state of trunk

Mark Banner mbanner at
Fri Apr 30 18:52:56 UTC 2010

  We're just starting the 3.1 beta 2 builds today. I was hoping that we 
would be able to reopen trunk today. However due to the state the 
tinderbox tree is in I'm not sure this is the right thing to do at this 

Over the last week or so, we've suffered a bit more than normal from 
bustages as a result of m-c changes. As a result, we still have a few 
bustages outstanding. The current ones are listed at the top of the 
tinderbox page <>. Two of these 
are fixes that are required in m-c (linux bustages awaiting review, 
test_fuel.js failures has been looked at). A third (test_plugins.js) 
needs diagnosis, and the fourth is the mozmill failures. I also need to 
file one to pick up the new add-on manger work.

 From a test I did earlier today at Andrew's suggestion, turning 
"" to false fixes the failures. This 
confirms his suspicion that the javascript engine is broken.

Therefore I'm making the following proposals:

- We temporarily set to false on the 
trunk. Andrew hasn't got time to debug what is happening until after 
3.1rc1. We then set a alpha blocker to investigate the failures 
and get it turned back on, hopefully way before the next alpha. This 
will allow development to continue in the interim period.

- We wait to open the tree until: we have fixed linux bustages, 
test_fuel.js and maybe one or two others.

- We restrict the tree to non-string changes until we have changed the 
l10n dashboard so that it gets 3.1 information from the comm-1.9.2 tree 
(to save confusing locales, Bug 561333 

I think we should be able to get the tree open early next week. If those 
not working on 3.1rc1 blockers have time to investigate fixes for 
bustages, that would be a great help.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the tb-planning mailing list