Thunderbird market segments

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozilla.org
Thu Apr 29 00:01:16 UTC 2010

   On 4/27/2010 9:30 AM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
>> the techies are important, because they are potential contributors
>> and more importantly give mind-share. Average Joes listen to the
>> techies when they recommend something. If the technies despise us (a
>> very good and quick way to achieve utter hatred by techies is to
>> encourage     HTML mail, because it affects recipients), they will
>> not cheer for us.
Interesting assertion.  While this may have been true in 1995, why you
believe this to be true for the general case today, I have no idea.  Do
you have specific data?

FWIW, I think most of what Joe says here is on target.  Rich text is,
for most people, a better user experience, and the email world is
gradually moving in that direction, regardless of Thunderbird does.

Dan