do our tinderboxen all run at 1280x1024?

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Tue Apr 27 10:20:50 UTC 2010

  On 27.04.2010 06:49, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
>   On 26/04/10 23:28, Ben Bucksch wrote:
>> Isn't it a good thing that they run at different resolutions? If
>> something breaks with a resolution != 1280x1024, we'd want to know
>> that, no?
>>
> For that to work, you would need to know which machines are running at
> what resolution and for some test figure it out before launching the tests.

If a test inherently depends on a resolution, it can find out
(window.screen* properties, IIRC).

If it doesn't inherently depend on it, you found a bug. E.g. if buttons
are cut off, the window probably should be re-arranged. See all the
header pane bugs where the "more" button is cut off, the From address is
overlaid by the Reply button, sometimes in other languages only. All
these are major bugs (which are a problem for my customer), and should
be filed as such. So, running on different resolutions and having tests
fail is a good thing (esp. if it's consistent on a given box, so no
intermittent failures), because users run into the same issues.

Ben