String and feature freeze

Mark Banner mbanner at mozillamessaging.com
Thu Apr 22 22:16:01 UTC 2010

  On 22/04/2010 21:56, Dan Mosedale wrote:
> To be honest, I was actually surprised that sipaq suggested we use
> late-l10n the way we've been using it this week.  My own inclination
> would have been to simply declare that we had missed Tuesday as the
> string freeze date and then to slip the string freeze date, which
> would not have required late-l10n stuff.
This may have been partially my fault. I was understanding that our
estimations were that we could land the rest of the string blockers on
Wednesday and that looked tight to achieve that, but reasonably realistic.

That is what I then told sipaq as our expectations, which was
unfortunately just after he'd done the first post to l10n. Which may
have lead to doing it via late-l10n.

Also, I was understanding that the general agreement amongst the drivers
were not to slip beta 2 further, and hence going into full freeze at
this time was the best thing to do, and I do think it has helped drive
in some of those remaining blockers.

Mark.