meeting format experiment

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozillamessaging.com
Tue Apr 6 17:46:35 UTC 2010

  In today's staff meeting, we tried a little experiment.  I asked
speakers to try and target saying zero or one things about their area,
and encouraged folks to use the extra time to ask questions to try and
make the meeting more valuable by unearthing things that aren't well
understand.

What thoughts do people have?

Did people find themselves more, less, or differently engaged than before?

To start off, some things I noticed:

* the meeting was shorter
* the questions asked allowed us to dig into some worthwhile issues
(what was funnelcake?  should we be introducing good GetSat volunteers
to Bugzilla to improve our feedback loop)
* it was still the usual suspects doing most of the talking

My feeling is that it was overall enough of a positive change that it's
worth trying again next week.

Dan