New version 68: Adding a language pack from Preferences doesn't work.

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Wed Aug 28 10:21:42 UTC 2019

Hi,

quote from: https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/68.0/releasenotes/

> Language packs can now be selected in the Advanced Options. Preference
> intl.multilingual.enabled needs to be set (and possily also
> extensions.langpacks.signatures.required needs to be set to false)

However, with intl.multilingual.enabled set to True (which should be the
default, IMO) and extensions.langpacks.signatures.required set to false
(which is currently the default), in the General tab of Preferences I
can select Set Alterbatives, but then in Thunderbird Lnaguage Settings
the  Select a language to add and Add buttons are greyed out.

Similar feature works in Firefox 68.0.2.

I tried in Linux (Slint based on Slackware version 14.2) with both an
official binary in French and a repackaging (not a build) of an en_US
official binary to make a package that our package manager can handle.

This is unfortunate as until now I shipped a bundle with many language
packs included (currently version: 60.8.0) and I'd like to avoid that
(which incidentally I didn't check if that's still possible with version
68).

Best regards,

Didier