[Mozilla Enterprise] Announcement of the new CCK - CCK2

Stefan Ozminski ozminski at kbs.msu.edu
Mon Sep 30 06:30:01 PDT 2013

I second that.  We would benefit from a CCK for Thunderbird. However, I must
admit that after taking advantage of the information that Mike Kaply
(http://mike.kaply.com/) provided on the generalized configuration options for
Mozilla products we have an installation that does most of what we need.

The thing that we really need is an intelligent filter import/creator that can
take filters that were exported for one account and create them in another
account.  Or in a CCK like manner, create a set of standard filters when an
account is created.

The add-on "Thunderbird Message Filter Import/Export Enhanced" has failed me
many times, and it is not automated to the extent that it can create filters for
an account at creation time.

Speaking of account creation, that would probably be the primary benefit/purpose
of a CCK for Thunderbird:  Automatic account creation based on the logged in
user name.

Maybe we would have a better chance of benefiting from Mike's expertise on this
if we do a better job of supporting the great work he has been doing.

-Stefan