problems with Thunderbird 17

Louis-Philippe Gauthier lpgauthier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 08:06:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

We use Thunderbird 17.0.8 on Windows XP with Imap Server (Cyrus on Debian
Server)

*First Problem*
We have a lot of  trouble when we create new account in ThunderBird with
SSL/TLS (port 993). Have you the same problem? We create account without
SSL first, and must modify the account with SSL after ...

*Second Problem*
Users save their password. When they change their password in the LDAP
directory, I must delete the saved password in Tools menu  / Options.
Thunderbird doesn't dectect that is a invalid password. Why ? Do you have
some clues ?

Are those bugs will be fixed in the new Thunderbird 24 ?

--
Louis-Philippe