Limitation msf size

Timo Pietilä timo.pietila at helsinki.fi
Wed Sep 11 05:54:59 PDT 2013

On 11.9.2013 15:46, Dirk Schneider wrote:
> Hi at all,
>
> I think the limitation is resulted of filesystem and os limitations.
> Most operating systems have problems using extra large files.
> Windows with a mail storage file larger then 2GB - I don't wanna work with!

That's ancient limit that doesn't apply anymore, but might have been
origin of TB limit. FAT32 had 4GB limit, NTFS limit is a bit under 16TB.

TB is however limited to 4GB regardless of file system (unless file
system limits it even further obviously):

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Limits_%28Thunderbird%29

Timo Pietilä