Thunderbird v8 - Script new user setup.

Dean Brundage dean at deanandadie.net
Fri Dec 9 06:57:57 PST 2011

On 12/9/11 5:26 AM, Kristiaan Davies wrote:
> OK so with the help of you both i have now managed to get Thunderbird setup
> so that it reads an Autoconfig file from our domain so that they only need
> to provide there name, email, password and there account is created for them.
>
> However i would like to change the thunderbird config slightly if possible.
> our users all use Imap accounts and thunderbird stores the Imap cache for
> each user within the roaming part of there userprofile, i would rather this
> be left on the local machine. is there a way i can alter this with a custom
> configuration or during first login etc??
>
> if its at all possible an example of how to-do this would really be
> appreciated as i have yet to get anything relating to Javascript working
> with thunderbird from the couple websites i have tried, nothing seems to be
> happening, or the files / folders they make reference too do not exist..
>

> Thanks
> Kris Davies
> Systems Administrator
> ----------------------

Howdy Kris,

I have a short series of posts on Mozilla autoconfig on my blog
<http://blog.deanbrundage.com/tag/autoconfig/>.  Perhaps this post
<http://blog.deanbrundage.com/2010/04/mapping-firefox-thunderbird-behaviors-to-preference-settings/>
will point you in the right direction.

--Dean
--
Unscrambler of eggs
[1710.6km, 224.8º] Apparent Rennerian

  * I investigate things to complete my knowledge.
  * My complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere.
  * My thoughts being sincere, my heart is pure. -- Confucius