tamarin-redux buildbot waterfall enhancements

Dan Schaffer dschaffe at adobe.com
Wed Dec 23 10:39:02 PST 2009

In an effort to track tamarin-redux build status we have made a few enhancements to the buildbot waterfall page:
 http://tamarin-builds.mozilla.org/tamarin-redux/waterfall

Enhancements are:

 *   tree open/closed header at top
 *   firefox tamarin-redux jetpack plugin
 *   7 day chart in waterfall

At the top of the waterfall page we have added a message in green (open) or red (closed) to signal the state of the repository (not sure if Brent mentioned this previously).  For the past few weeks we have been manually updating the message.  It is suggested to not submit into the repository when the red (Tree is closed) message is displayed unless the submission is related to fixing problems.

The jetpack plugin for the firefox browser displays the open or closed state of the repository in the firefox toolbar in the lower right corner.  The plugin checks the waterfall page every 60 seconds and updates the message.  Clicking on the status message also opens the waterfall page.  Jetpack is a tool in mozilla labs.  The plugin and instructions are available in the Tools/jetpack link in the upper left corner.  Links to http://tamarin-builds.mozilla.org/tamarin-redux/jetpack.html.

A thumbnail of the 7 day summary is shown in the upper left corner of the waterfall page.  Click on the thumbnail for a larger view.  The 7 day summary shows a timeline of each submission and whether the submission had any failures.  Various pass/fail statistics are generated for the 7 days. The chart is updated in the early morning to show the previous 7 days.  Also the interactive applet link runs a processing/java applet.  The applet version allows you to click on a build to see information about the submission.  Also in the applet you change the date moving by week or by day.  The applet is somewhat experimental at this point.

Let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Dan