Debugging action script using Avmplus command line debugger.

Rick Reitmaier rreitmai at adobe.com
Thu Jan 24 10:18:48 PST 2008

Hi Sandeep,

Yes, the debugger that is built into the shell was a proof of concept
and as such does not contain a complete implementation of the
avmplusDebugger interface, as you probably already guessed.

If you download flex you can use eclipse to debug the tamarin
engine that shipped in flash player 9.

Or if you like to work sans-GUI, there is a command line
debugger, fdb, that also ships with flex.  It supports
gud-mode so you can run it under emacs just like gdb.

Here¹s one article to get you started.
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/client_debug_06.html

Cheers,
Rick