Running two ABC files which have inter dependencies

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Jan 21 04:53:11 PST 2008

As far as I know, this is not possible.  esc, for example, "solves" this by
using .sh scripts to execute the programs, where any important ordering has
already been determined by the author of the .sh script.  While
inconvenient, I don't see any real-world problems presented by the lack of
dependency tracking (for example, axscript defines an array of .abc files,
cloned from the .sh scripts, which are loaded in the order the filenames
appear in the c++ source).

However, the lack of *bundling* of .abc files is an issue - where the
question is how to bundle .abc files into a final .dll/.exe file (apologies
for the windows terminology, but you get the idea) - but even then, I
suspect the *order* of the loading will still be under a person's control.
Insights into how the flash player deals with this are obviously welcome ;)

Of  course, I could be wildly off-base, but these are the relevant
considerations I see for ScreamingMonkey.

Cheers,

Mark.