Client unauthorized on custom firefox sync server after successfully authorizing on firefox account server

Ryan Kelly rfkelly at mozilla.com
Mon Jan 21 22:21:04 UTC 2019

It looks like your sync tokenserver is rejecting the identity assertion
produces by Firefox Accounts.  This is usually due to a configuration
mis-match of some kind, e.g. the server thinking its public_url is
different to what the browser thinks it is.

Please post your syncserver.ini config file (with secrets removed/redacted)
and I'll be happy to take a look for any obvious sources of such a
mis-match.

You may also have some luck with the gross-but-effective technique of
adding a bunch of `print` statements into this function in your local
checkout:

https://github.com/mozilla-services/tokenserver/blob/master/tokenserver/views.py#L159

Which will be able to tell you more information about what specific error
is occurring while checking the identity assertion.

  Cheers,

     Ryan