Minutes from Jan 9 Mobile Tech Leads

Nicholas Alexander nalexander at mozilla.com
Fri Jan 11 23:28:03 UTC 2019

Hello all,

The mobile tech leads met on Wednesday, Jan 9 (NA/AU timezones).  The
subject du jour was mono-repos (an evergreen flamewar if ever there was
one!) and release process (much less incendiary).  We're all trying to
figure out how to get changes from leaf repositories (like Application
Services) through our primary vendor repository (Android Components) and
out to consumers (like Lockbox) efficiently.  The immediate action items
are already happening:

   1. Application Services is building some process around releases
   <https://github.com/mozilla/application-services/issues/536>;
   2. Android Components is re-iterating its role as the initial touchpoint
   for Android consumers.

The discussion
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13ZqcDtmedjAykVveOlZSFYP5tWi2i6G5dCzUuHEBY0U/edit#heading=h.2jqof3d1ww0r>
captures much more, but those were the main points.

Until next week,
Nick