Firefox 57 and 58 shaping up to be the best Sync releases ever!

Mark Hammond mhammond at mozilla.com
Tue Nov 7 23:56:48 UTC 2017

Thanks to our recent investments in telemetry and the hard work of the
sync team while I was on PTO [1], I'm happy to report that Firefox 57
and 58 are showing the highest success rates for all versions post 54.
(So maybe not "ever", but I suspect that's actually true).

This is true for *every* engine other than the kinto-based
extension-storage engine, which sadly is showing the worst success rates
for those versions - but that's a topic for a different thread.

https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/gist/mhammond/649a6f6c5606cff0e0d9d8a4f0b9e9a1/Success-Failure-Error%20rates%20per%20engine%2C%20by%20version.ipynb

This is great news for the upcoming 57 release and testament to the
unsung work the Sync team has been doing over the last few months. So
congratulations on the great work done by everyone and thanks for all
your contributions!

Mark

[1] I'm still trying to decide if me being on PTO is causation or
correlation, and whether me taking another large chunk of PTO could help
prove that? ;)