Recent mod_wsgi Issue with Self-Hosted Sync Server

Reuben Farrelly reuben-mozilla-sync-dev at reub.net
Thu Sep 4 03:40:50 PDT 2014

On 4/09/2014 5:08 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Reuben Farrelly
> <reuben-mozilla-sync-dev at reub.net> wrote:
>> Very - that would be awesome.  At least for me for this immediate problem it
>> would also allow me to proceed further along with debugging.
>
> For my information: did you end up finding a problem with the new
> mod_wsgi version? If so, we should file a bug with mod_wsgi. (I'm the
> Gentoo maintainer of mod_wsgi, so I'd like to make sure we fix any
> problems there.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dirkjan

No we didn't but I suspect that was only because no one (yet) has come
forward who knows how to debug it.

Just to summarise, I believe there are two issues:

1. mod_wsgi 4.2.7 (unmodified from portage) fails due to an SSL problem
of some sort (see my first few emails for the exact error and trace)

and

2. browserid doesn't seem to work for me, even with mod_wsgi 3.5.  If I
enable [browserid]+backend+audiences then when I sync I can successfully
auth with the Mozilla server but the client/syncserver side gets into a
messed up state.  I have just tested and even if I clear the state by
resetting my password I'm still seeing "Authentication failed" and
"invalid-client-state" in the logs in firefox, and a failed sync attempt.

At least for now I have masked ==www-apache/mod_wsgi-4.2.7 and am not
using browserid, and it works.  But I guess the other two scenarios
above _should_ work too...

Thanks,
Reuben