10.21.13 Engineering Progress Report for Firefox Accounts and Sync.next
ckarlof at mozilla.com
Mon Oct 21 22:10:07 PDT 2013
1) FxA server is "production ready"
- work plan: https://github.com/mozilla/picl-idp/issues?milestone=2
2) Sync.next Milestone 1 a.k.a. first integration between FxA and existing Sync, a socialization of that integration, and a plan going forward
3) Supporting FxA on FXOS
Firefox Accounts API/Server Development (Dev leads: Danny Coates, Ryan Kelly)
- Cassandra integration has been rough: https//github.com/mozilla/picl-idp/issues/184
- Q4 plan is to go for a MySQL storage backend w/ single write master and possible read slaves in other AWS regions
- This week: land new DB abstraction layer for MySQL, API versioning, documentation of errors and error codes, start on a wiki to explain "WTF is FxA"
- Huge workweek with Gavin, Tim Taubert, and Mark Hammond from Desktop team last week
- Substantial progress on M1. We're close to an artifact.
- Working repo: https://github.com/mhammond/mozilla-central/tree/experiment/elm-fxaccount-sync
- FxA only version of Sync
- It's real.
- Going to refactor this into landable patches to elm
- Video demo soon
- Walkthrough is also possible soon
- This week: Cleaning up the work from last week, better test coverage, migrating more jelly code to the browser, async demo.
- Patches for review
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=892025 (HTTP client speaking KeyServer Protocol 1.0)
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=929066 (tiny tweak for local clock skew)
Firefox Accounts Devops (Benson Wong, Gene Wood, James Bonacci)
- Benson and Gene are going wait until the new MySQL refactor and then move forward.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sync-dev