FxA timelines and you

Lloyd Hilaiel lloyd at mozilla.com
Thu Oct 17 08:58:22 PDT 2013

On Oct 17, 2013, at 6:39 PM, Doug Turner <doug.turner at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, with FxA as designed so far, my application will have to hit the network when I want to get the user's email address?
>
> I am just worried that I am going to have a bunch of RTT just to get the user's email address.  Then I am going to turn around and use the email address against my applications back end (more RTT).  In general, we want to zero network time when we can. :)

I got lost here - you'll get an assertion that proves the user's identity on device from firefox accounts.  That happens on device and requires minimal network interaction (sometimes none).

You can use that assertion to authenticate to your back end.  You can use whatever seasoning mechanism you desire.

make sense?

lloyd