FxA timelines and you
jbonacci at mozilla.com
Wed Oct 16 21:16:16 PDT 2013
Thanks for posting this and shaking things up a bit...
I have been wondering myself
1. how each of the 3 Dev teams will be meeting this deadline - ie what is the product that will ship in Q1, what will it look like
2. how the work between the 3 Dev teams will be coordinated - I bet Tauni already has this down ( :-) ) but I would love to get regular updates from each team as we get closer to that Dec deadline for FFos (ie can we make this all happen at once?)
3. What the UI/UX experience will be like across the 3 platforms (damn exciting)
4. How everything will interact: Persona vs. FxA for FFos vs. FxA for Firefox (native) vs. what we planned for "new" sync
FxA on FFos is our highest priority now, but getting FxA on desktop and Android done at the same time and in FF for December testing will be a sure win.
Doug - I think Chris K and Lloyd or Jedp can probably address your questions.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Turner" <doug.turner at gmail.com>
To: "Jared Hirsch" <6a68 at mozilla.com>
Cc: sync-dev at mozilla.org, dev-identity at lists.mozilla.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:04:28 PM
Subject: Re: FxA timelines and you
Have you guys figured out how FxA is going to work between processes? That is, suppose the FTU sets up a user. Now, I run my application and I call navigator.id . What happens? Am I going to be hitting the network, or are you going to save this info in the parent process and just share it with the application?
// Doug Turner
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Jared Hirsch < 6a68 at mozilla.com > wrote:
TL;DR - If you want to help danny and rfk, you should really consider doing it right away.
Here are some things I've learned from chatting with Rob Lord in #picl:
* FXOS 1.3 is feature complete Dec 9, to be released in March
* As of now, FxA is scheduled to be code complete & riding that train.
* As of now, I think UX is working on mocks/flows, but I don't think they have clarity yet on the final feature set or any of the interactions.
* Next week (Oct 21-25) there is a Madrid work week, in which FxA-Persona integration details will be worked out. Jed and Lloyd (and others?) will be there.
Any of these things may be incorrect now, or become inaccurate in the immediate future. But, thought I'd share what I've learned, to try to give signin folks a sense of the ludicrous speed at which FxA needs to build. Signin devs, if you want to lend a hand, it's probably a good idea to do it soon (just some friendly advice).
Sync devs, CCing you to be ridiculously overcommunicative, also in case timelines have changed in the past 24 hours, you can correct me here ;-)
Yours in well-intentioned mailing list overloading,
dev-identity mailing list
dev-identity at lists.mozilla.org
Sync-dev mailing list
Sync-dev at mozilla.org
More information about the Sync-dev