FxA timelines and you

James Bonacci jbonacci at mozilla.com
Wed Oct 16 21:16:16 PDT 2013

Jared,

Thanks for posting this and shaking things up a bit...
I have been wondering myself
1. how each of the 3 Dev teams will be meeting this deadline - ie what is the product that will ship in Q1, what will it look like
2. how the work between the 3 Dev teams will be coordinated - I bet Tauni already has this down ( :-)   ) but I would love to get regular updates from each team as we get closer to that Dec deadline for FFos (ie can we make this all happen at once?)
3. What the UI/UX experience will be like across the 3 platforms (damn exciting)
4. How everything will interact: Persona vs. FxA for FFos vs. FxA for Firefox (native) vs. what we planned for "new" sync

FxA on FFos is our highest priority now, but getting FxA on desktop and Android done at the same time and in FF for December testing will be a sure win.

Doug - I think Chris K and Lloyd or Jedp can probably address your questions.

James