Firefox Accounts on Firefox OS

Richard Newman rnewman at mozilla.com
Thu Oct 10 08:32:25 PDT 2013

> It'd be nice to have a list of all the apps that are looking into using FxA and why. Is it for the buttery smooth SSO or what?

I think part of it is also an expectation of a 'close-range ecosystem': that by logging in with FxA, my browser or device will also know about the services I use, my credentials for those services, etc.

(This, like a lot of the things we're discussing, isn't FxA per se, but it's a related service that helps to deliver the experience people think of when they imagine a "Firefox Account".)

Compare and contrast to the experience setting up a new Android device, where one spends a lot of time installing apps and signing in hundreds of times.