Firefox accounts and Persona

Edwin Wong edwong at mozilla.com
Wed Oct 9 09:55:01 PDT 2013

I would love for this be be captured on a wiki as frequently asked questions, even if we don't have a final answer, it helps people (myself) understand the challenges and current thinking:

1. How will we resolve Firefox Accounts allow federated identity providers
1a. If we allow federated identity, where there is no Fx Account stored password, how will we generate a key to encrypt user data?
1b. Is there a way to connect Persona account to a Fx Account
2. What will this Fx Account string be formatted?  user at firefox.org?  user at firefox