10.21.13 Engineering Progress Report for Firefox Accounts and Sync.next

Zachary Carter zcarter at mozilla.com
Thu Nov 7 14:43:39 PST 2013

I touched on it briefly in my other reply, but, simply, the generated bundle is bloated, ugly, and of questionable stability. The work required to get it into a state that could potentially pass gaia review was deemed not worth it, especially with the raw_password endpoints and parts of the client already being written in gecko. We're in the process of rewriting gherkin for the web first instead of node.js for similar reasons.

-z