Fwd: Support report for week of May 2nd, 2010
cww at mozilla.com
Wed May 12 10:59:05 PDT 2010
I have no idea why it just sent to admin and not to the list. Sorry guys.
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Cheng Wang" <cww at mozilla.com>
To: "Cheng Wang" <cwang at mozilla.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:39:11 PM
Subject: Support report for week of May 2nd, 2010
This week, one of the top issues was a resurgence of people not being able to find their toolbars. In addition, something is changing users default search engine or keyword search provider to bing.
Hot issues (Summarized from 500+ forum posts and 300+ live chat support sessions)
• Over 30 forum threads this week were about users having hidden the menu bar or navigation toolbar and being unable to get it back. We're still not sure of the cause but bug 547891 has been tracking this issue. One user reported "only having Bing" toolbar instead of the usual Firefox navigation toolbar and menu suggesting this may be related the the issue below.
• We had many (~15) reports of users trying to get rid of bing which was set as their default search engine and in some cases as their keyword.URL search. It may also be related to unwanted installations of bing toolbar. One user even reported: "I cannot get rid of a tool bar. It is a bing tool bar. I got it after my facebook account was phished. I also am seeing popup windows when I search google." (Another user also mentioned this happening after downloading something from Facebook). I've filed bug 565256 for investigation purposes.
The top articles people are clicking on after they search (Offers an indication of what people think they are looking for)
• How to set the home page
• How to clear the cache
• Enabling and disabling cookies
• Pop-up blocker
• Clear Recent History
Frequent search terms (High relative to previous 8 weeks. Terms that are trending up significantly are highlighted.)
• firefox home page
• google maps (tracking this on a daily basis shows a sharp spike in queries between 4/30 and 5/5 -- it's since died down)
• certificat/certificats (not the English spelling). (Normally, about 206 a week, this week: 520)
• bing (normally 80, this week 145 -- not counting all the "remove bing" "block bing" "stop bing" variants)
• media player
We had some site downtime this past week so these numbers are artificially lower.
• 4,552,257 unique visitors ( -3.7% )
• 1,443 new forum threads ( -24.7% )
• 47 active community members
• 42 edited knowledge base articles
• 48.8% of forum threads from last week with a helpful response
SUMO gets a lot of traffic every week from users. This newsletter is a weekly summary of this traffic, looking at the users' feedback. If you'd like to discuss any of the information in this newsletter or provide feedback, just email sumo-team at mozilla.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SUMO-report