Support report for week of April 25, 2010

Cheng Wang cww at mozilla.com
Tue May 4 23:11:55 PDT 2010

Summary Nothing new of note this week.

Hot issues (Summarized from 500+ forum posts and 300+ live chat support sessions)

    • We're seeing a few more cases (~15) of people missing toolbars (menu bar or navigation toolbar) who are having trouble getting them back. A couple people mentioned this happened after updating a toolbar extension so we're investigating further.
    • An update on the search/address bar hijacking by various companies: photoli7 in particular. It seems to have stabilized to about 7-8 people complaining a week. They do seem to be targetting Firefox (or perhaps the default Firefox address bar search URL).
    • A number of farmville issues that weren't crashes were "Not Available" messages which is probably a problem on their end, given the reports on this Facebook thread
The top articles people are clicking on after they search (Offers an indication of what people think they are looking for)

    • How to set the home page
    • How to clear the cache
    • Enabling and disabling cookies
    • Pop-up blocker
    • Deleting cookies
Frequent search terms (High relative to previous 8 weeks)
To more quickly ID trends, while this list will still include all search terms which are high relative to previous 8 weeks, I will be also highlighting terms which are suddenly trending upwards significantly.

    • media player
    • ssl protocol
    • clear browser cache (170 search this week, about 70 normally)
    • back up
    • assign new homepage
    • privacy
    • google maps (140 this week vs 60 normally, we had a spike of 300 searches April 7th - 11th also)
    • farmville
Traffic

    • 4,728,931 unique visitors ( -1.8% )
    • 1,915 new forum threads ( +6.7% )
Community participation

    • 79 active community members
    • 114 edited knowledge base articles
    • 42.2% of forum threads from last week with a helpful response

SUMO gets a lot of traffic every week from users. This newsletter is a weekly summary of this traffic, looking at the users' feedback. If you'd like to discuss any of the information in this newsletter or provide feedback, just email sumo-team at mozilla.com