Support Report for week of April 18th 2010
cww at mozilla.com
Tue Apr 27 16:58:46 PDT 2010
Like last week, this week went by without many new Firefox issues or new problems but with an increase in certain problems we've been seeing for a while.
Hot issues (Summarized from 500+ forum posts and 300+ live chat support sessions)
• While popups and popunders are not a new problem with Firefox, we saw an increase in the number of reports of these issues (~25 reports this week). From the few reports that mentioned specifics, a common complaint were sites that popped up a warning about a fake virus to try to drive installation of real malware.
• There was an increase in the number of users saying that Farmville and related Facebook games (Youville, Farmtown, Mafia Wars) is crashing the browser (~30 users this week up from about 5-6 usually).
• There were also a few mentions (7) of the search redirection that we started seeing last week: searchdirect.com which redirected address bar searches.
The top articles people are clicking on after they search (Offers an indication of what people think they are looking for)
• How to set the home page
• Enabling and disabling cookies
• How to clear the cache
• Pop-up blocker
• Deleting cookies
Frequent search terms (High relative to previous two months)
• media player
• ssl protocol
• remove plugin
• error console
• the connection was reset
• 4,816,648 unique visitors ( -0.2% )
• 1,794 new forum threads ( +0.2% )
• 72 active community members
• 94 edited knowledge base articles
• 39.4% of forum threads from last week with a helpful response
SUMO gets a lot of traffic every week from users. This newsletter is a weekly summary of this traffic, looking at the users' feedback. If you'd like to discuss any of the information in this newsletter or provide feedback, just email sumo-team at mozilla.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SUMO-report