[rust-dev] [OT] discourse bridge [was: rust-dev will be shut down soon]

Richo Healey richo at psych0tik.net
Thu Jan 22 13:58:11 PST 2015

On 22/01/15 11:59 -0800, Brian Anderson wrote:
>You likely have already noticed, but traffic to rust-dev has decreased
>dramatically in recent months. This was a result of natural changes in
>project coordination at first, and then an intentional effort to phase out
>the list.

For anyone else like me who's forum averse, I'm currently poking around with
what options are available to browse Discourse as email.

This comes up a lot (I found a lot of threads on meta.discourse.com about it)
but the conclusion seems to be that reply-by-email is supported, but in
general, email/nntp is not a particularly supported way to browse.

That said, I would love to hear if anyone else has done this successfully.
I'll have a poke at trying to get a gateway working, if it's not too much
work I will notify people (presumably on discourse, I guess :))