[rust-dev] NYC Meetups (status report)

Rick Richardson rick.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 16:05:51 PST 2015

There are now not one, but three meetup groups for Rust in NYC (hurray
communication!  ... ahem)

In addition to the meetup/hackfest that Steve K occasionally runs in
Brooklyn, there are now two groups on meetup.com:
http://meetup.com/RustNY
and
http://meetup.com/Rust-NYC

I would like to get this pared down to 1 meetup group that has both
Brooklyn and Manhattan meetups (I can't often get to Brooklyn)

That said:

It appears that there is a meetup scheduled for Tuesday Jan 27th!
http://www.meetup.com/RustNY/events/219961968/

I am also trying to arrange a Rust BoF/Intro session at Applicative
Conference (http://applicative.acm.org/)  Applicative is the first
conference of its kind by the ACM. It is aimed towards practitioners and
app devs instead of academics (But academics are probably welcome as well.
I'll check ;) )

But please, if you're in or around NYC, or know someone who is, join one of
the meetups above, or both, and we'll figure out how to merge them.

Thanks, and happy hacking!