[rust-dev] Rust jobs board?

Simon Flynn simon.flynn at financejobs.co
Sun Oct 12 14:36:28 PDT 2014

Greeting Rustaceans,

Although it is still early days (pre 1.0), would there be any interest in a
jobs board specifically for the Rust community?

I am one of the founders of Finance Jobs (https://www.financejobs.co) and
although it's not written in Rust, as I have been dabbling a bit here and
there, I can see it is going to have a great future. As such, I was thinking of
taking our code and using it to create a Rust jobs board
(http://www.rustlangjobs.com) and perhaps one day port it to Rust and then blog
about the process :)

It would be for-profit, but I am wanting to give back to the Rust community.
After speaking to my other founder, we've agreed to give a percentage of
any profits made towards the development of Rust. I'm not sure of any details
yet, but was thinking along the lines of the Perl Foundation grants
(http://www.perlfoundation.org/grant_benefits).

Comments would be appreciated.

Best,
Simon