[rust-dev] Rust Research Project Query

Victor Barua victor.barua at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 23:22:35 PDT 2014

I'm interested in a project from a programming languages perspective. It's
an area I've recently gotten into and it would also align with the research
focus of my supervisor. I think it would be interesting to work on some
static analysis tooling. Sean mentioned a test coverage tool earlier in the
thread which is actually a pretty good baseline for a project as it's a
combination of mucking with the language internals (which I could talk
about in a report) and implementing a useful tool. Your idea about proving
properties of Rust programs would also make an excellent project as its a
great combination of theory and implementation.

I'd like to thank everyone for the ideas so far, there's a lot of good
material and I'm slowly accumulating project ideas to run past my
supervisor. If you've got more keep them coming.